Monday, January 11, 2010

My Slap Story...



SLAPSHOCK: Chi Evora, Jerry Basco, Jamir Garcia, Lee Nadela & Lean Ansing

What would a fan could ever wish for?
I'm a die hard fan of Slapshock since i was a little kid. I'm in the first grade when i was first introduced in the world of rock. My sister who studied at the University of San Carlos somewhen in year 2000, she got influenced to the sub-culture of Cebu, also know as the city of musicians. She brought some cds at home, at first i don't understand the defintion of rock. I love hiphop music that time, and what soothes me most is Slapshock is a 5 piece Rap-metal band. Both hiphop and rock on the mix. I got influenced by Slapshock's drummer Chi Evora, He was my favorite drummer since then. I collected all of their cds, from 4rth Degree burn up to Carino Brutal. Slapshock reminds me of my childhood memories. I've been to their concert at Digos stadium last December 20, 2005 and at Bluepost II, Davao last December 19, 2007. Luckily I had a chance to talk to them and got my pants signed cause i haven't brought my cds then, and i had some posters given by Jamir and got Lean's Dickies wristband with a Slapshock logo on it. It was the most unforgetable moments of my life. Sad to say, Jerry had  to left the band, but hope he'll be back soon. He was replaced by Bj temporarily(as the band says). The last time i've heard Jerry was on their gig on Dubai Desert Rockfest. After that, haven't heard about him. It's been a long time since i haven't write on their forum. He's not even included for the US tour and the Carino Brutal cd cover. I've listened to this band as their music evolved. They are really different from the other bands out there, they're being professional not only as a band but as a musician. They don't disappoint Slapshock fans, they gave us more and more. They continue to write and create music, to feed us with their undying passion for music. They've already gone a long way to the top. Gathered fans not only in the Philippines but on the US and other countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment